Friday, June 10, 2016

ALOHA! (*Warning-picture overload*


The trip that we had been looking forward to for a year FINALLY came! We were fortunate enough to go to Maui for a week! It was an AMAZING week of fun,sun, and best of all RELAXATION! Some people may think we were a little crazy for taking the kiddos with us, but it was great having them with us!
Traveling to Hawaii from Laramie is an adventure in itself! We first had to drive 6 hours to Salt Lake City, then the next day- a two hour flight to LAX and after a couple hour layover-a FIVE hour and FORTY minute flight to Maui! To say we were ready to be there after all that was an understatement! The kids traveled pretty well considering! It was great to see friendly faces when we landed, my parents met us there.
The time change was something for us to get used to- its 4 hours EARLIER in Maui than in Laramie, so I was always up early-but so was my mom. Every morning we took a walk together and if any of the kiddos were up, they would join. (Kevin finished school/finals a week earlier, so I tried to let him catch up on a semisters worth of sleep as much as he could.) On our morning walks we would walk to Whalers Village and do some window shopping in all the fun swanky stores-Eliza may have been introduced to Louis Vuitton-gotta teach them young-right?  ; )
Our mornings were spent pool side most days- the kids LOVED it! The report we stayed at was super family friendly, so it was fun watching the kiddos
explore the kiddie pool area and play with other kiddos. We did have to work while being in Maui- but working outside..poolside...yes please!
One day we went to explore a little town that was on the way to Road to Hana (no, we didn't venture that!). It was such a cute little town and after we went to a near by beach to let the kids explore the ocean and beach a little bit-they had soon much fun waiting in the ocean and having the waves crash their feet and feeling their toes in the sand. We realized though why people just stay at the resort...SAND EVERYWHERE in the poor rental car!
While we were there I wanted to do something special for Kevin's birthday. (We weren't actually in Hawaii on "the" day, but his actual birthday was spent getting home from Utah on our way home.) After searching for the perfect gift I decided I wanted to give him a memory...not a "thing" he would get rid of in a few years after using it. Decided to go a little BIG...drumroll please....A HELICOPTER TOUR OF THE WATERFALLS ON THE ISLAND!I wont lie I was a little freaked to go...but I knew it would be worth it and I knew it would be something he can't do at home. IT WAS AMAZING! I wish everyone could get the opportunity to do it...its too worth the money! It was so amazing to see these massive waterfalls up close. The best part is that it had rained the previous day, so the waterfalls were super full and had a ton of little ones that only run after rainfall.
















Kevin and I also decided to try something else new while in Maui-Paddle Boarding. It was too much harder then it looked, but an AMAZING adventure. Its one of those things that require you not think of how to do it, just to do it-which I'm not the best at, but I finally was able to get up and stay up. Kevin was a pro, he got up right away! I will say, the times I spent on my knees instead of standing up did pay off-the ocean was soon clear you could see all the fish and corals under you, I even got to see a Sea Turtle swim right under me!
It was a FABULOUS week- we couldn't ask for a better time! There are too many pictures for me to choose to post, so heres a few more great moments!
                                      
  

No comments:

Post a Comment