Sunday, January 29, 2012

Luke is 1!

Our little guy had his first birthday! I can't believe a year ago we held Luke for the first time...time flew by! Luke is a major fan of Mickey Mouse, so we had a little Micky Mouse party. I decided to try out my Christmas gift from Kevin and make Luke a fun Mickey themed cake. This was the first time I played with fondant and gum paste- I had a love/hate relationship with this cake during the entire process, but it was worth seeing Luke happy!
Luke loved opening his gifts! Like most 1 year olds he liked the stuff like boxes, wrapping paper, and his cards the most. He was excited for the Rockin' Mickey that kevin and I got him as well as another fun noise making toy from Kevin's mom.
When it came to eating cake-we had to practically beg Luke to start digging in. Luke is very mellow baby and his mannerism during cake time was no different, he was very calm and didn't make a mess (besides on himself) It was wonderful birthday full of happiness,giggles, and smiles-we couldn't ask for anything more!




1 comment:

  1. SO CUTE! I love when babies eat their first birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete