Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Small Town...Big Fun!

For the 4th of July we made the trip to good 'ol Dubois, Wyoming where my parents live. We were surprised to see that my brother and his family also made the trip from California. It was a blast, especially for the kiddos to spend time with their cousin that they don't get to see very often. My parents ALWAYS make spending time at their home relaxing and enjoyable! My mom took the kiddos on a little ride on one of their newest horses- Tonto! Luke was for sure loving every minute of being a cowboy, Eliza was a little more hesitant.
Grandpa got all the older kids together: Eva, Johnny and Luke and took them in the Rapter for a little ride behind their property-I LOVE the beauty the town of Dubois offers- it may be a tiny,  "don't blink" town, but it is BEAUTIFUL!
We decided to take the kiddos fishing for the first time. Luke caught not one but TWO fishes! We did "catch and release" so once Luke caught the second fish he said (referring to the first fish) "It came back!"  The kiddos had a blast seeing the fish, play the worms, and just get dirty!
We had a fun time ending our time in Dubois by making s'mores and going the 4th of July Dubois parade.  I'm so glad our kiddos got to spend quality time with my brothers family who they don't get to see as often as I'd like.


No comments:

Post a Comment