Sunday, March 18, 2012

12 Dinners in ONE day!


One of the greatest blessings in our family is that Kevin and I are able to work from home. One of the curses of having both of us work from home is that we don't get done with work til around 7pm on a good night. I've tried meal planning and doing dinners for lunch and lunch for dinners but it still took too much time. Between my daily activities and work, making dinner is the dreaded task I hate- as I make a messes to make dinner-finally get it on the table to eat and then I still have to clean it up and do dishes, by then its time to get Luke ready for bed, I never got a chance to relax in the evenings. On the nights I would decide to be lazy and we would get fast food, I always felt nasty from the greasy-fatty food.
Today I decided to take my meal planning to the next step. I pre-cooked 12 dinners ALL in one day! Although the mess was tremendous- it was ONE mess. Now I have 12 nights of dinners in my freezer ready to be warmed up-which take no more than 45 mins to warm up, unless they involve the crock pot. Our dinners include: Lasagna, BBQ Chicken w/ veggies (x2), Teriyaki Chicken, Homemade Mac and Cheese, Chicken Tortalini, Enchiladas, Orange Chicken, Cafe Rio Sweet pulled pork, Southwestern Chicken Wraps, and BBQ chicken Pizza. We'll see how it goes! If you have questions on how to start this for your family...I did do lots of planning for these 12 meals and am willing to share my recipes and advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment