Thursday, January 3, 2013

I Dub thee-Queen of the Turkey

This year was our first Thanksgiving with just us. In the past we joined in the festivities of either Kevin's family or mine. With still being sore from my surgery and Kevin not getting too much time off from classes we opted to not travel to family-which meant I was making Thanksgiving dinner!!!
I was pretty terrified of the thought of cooking a turkey on my own-I kept replaying the scene from "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" of when Clark Griswold cuts their family turkey and just hot air pops out  (if you've never seen that movie, you're missing out on an American Classic!).
After gathering some recipes, going shopping and spending a majority of the day in the kitchen I got the best reward any wife could ask for- Kevin crowed me "Queen of the Turkey."
Although we missed being with our wonderful families, it was nice to be together as our own little family and start our own traditions. We have much to be Thankful for-it was nice to focus more on that aspect this year.
My First Turkey!
The spread

Luke's ready to dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment