Thursday, January 3, 2013

"Oh Christmas Tree..."

This year we decided to try something new- get an actual Christmas Tree. The past couple years we did the fake tree thing. I grew up always smelling a fresh tree in our house- I was ready to give Luke that experience. As December 1st approached we didn't see any Christmas Tree Lots here in Laramie. I finally decided to ask around where people got their trees. I was surprised to find out that most people here go into the forest and cut their own trees down. Once again-another "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacattion" scene popped into my head- Ummm we're city folk, we don't know the first thing about cutting down a tree and I wasn't about to have a squirrel running around my living room.
We got lucky and finally found a "city slicker" friendly-Christmas Tree Lot! However we went on a nice Wyoming Windy day to pick one up and had it fall off our car on the way home-oh how the locals got a good laugh at the crazy people with Arizona plates trying to reattach the tree to our roof.
We finally got our tree home and began decorating-Luke was a great supervisor!
Luke and daddy putting on the lights
All decorated!

No comments:

Post a Comment